With the Trackathon being only two weeks away, we would like to share some exciting updates.
The most exciting update for the participants is perhaps the chance to win prizes with a total of 10,000 euros! Thanks to our generous sponsors, the participants will have more opportunities to develop their solutions beyond the Trackathon and create greater impact on the sector.
We have also engaged WWF Indonesia, MDPI, and REAPRA as challenge owners, bringing their rich knowledge and experience in seafood traceability, as well as real issues that they face in the sector. There will be more concrete challenges in the D-Day, but you can read the sneak peek below.
- Tuna Vessel Rfmo And Imo Verification: App for corroborating tuna vessels’ identity as well as the time and locations of fishing
- Epcis Data Sanitiser: An application for converting EPCIS events into sanitized or truncated data structures for testing purposes
- Kde (Cbv) Conformity Tool: A portal for testing the CBV/KDE conformity and completeness of test EPCIS events
- Extra Harvest Marketplace: A marketplace for fishers & farmers to advertise portions of their harvest directly to consumers which were undesired by commercial buyers
- Path To Market Optimizer: A way of visualizing the route that seafood products take from EPCIS events to calculate more optimal routes in distance and time
- Fisheries App Support: A mechanism for in-app technical support to guide fishers utilizing fisheries data collection apps
- Catch Area Tokenization: A way of demonstrating proof that GPS coordinates from a fishing trip were published to a government validator and an indelible indication whether the validator scrutinized the coordinates
Join the hackathon, get insights from our experts in seafood traceability and tech specialists, so you can develop solutions that enable small-scale fishers greater access to new markets!
See you at the event!